Greeter Ministry Responsibilities
The greeter is responsible to ensure that every person entering the church is greeted and that visitors are offered assistance as appropriate so that everyone feels important and welcome. We will be asked to serve during special events on an as needed basis.
Anticipated Time Commitments
1. Doing/Preparing for Ministry: One (1) hour a month or more should we be asked to assist during special events
2. One (1) Service per Month, unless you volunteer to do more
3. Participating in Meetings/Training: Minimal, as needed
1. Sensitive to the spiritual and physical needs of people.
2. Behavior reflects Christ and fruits of the Spirit.
3. Hospitable at all times.
4. Initiate interaction with guest and members within 30 seconds of their entry into the church.
5. Provide information as needed or requested.
6. Open doors for or assist the elderly/disabled.
7. Show up to your post on time…
a. For 8:00am Service by 7:45am until Opening Prayer
b. For 11:00am Service by 10:45am until Opening Prayer
8. Attend meetings (approximately two (2) annually).
9. Available for special events (rotating schedule).
10. Accountable to Team Captain.
11. Team Captain to pray before greeting on their Sunday.
12. Team Captain to collect “Greeter” pins and place back in the designated area before leaving.
13. There must be a Team Captain at every service.
14. You are responsible for finding your replacement if you are unable to Greet at your designated time.
15. Please use the following as a last resort:
a. If you will not be able to serve on your Sunday and you cannot find a replacement to switch with, please call Ann Johnson. However, please do not wait until the last minute to let Ann know.
1. Each Team Member must buddy with another Team Member that does not serve at the same time you do.
2. Each Team Captain must buddy with another Team Captain that does not serve at the same time you do as well.
1. Neatly dressed.
2. Good breath.
1. To help prepare hearts to participate in worship
2. To look for opportunities to meet needs
3. To look for opportunities to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ